A printable copy of this information sheet is available Here
Paddock parking information is available Here
2013 WeatherTech® Chicago Region June Sprints®
PARTICIPANT INFORMATION SHEET
For our competitors coming from the south via I-94, the Mitchell Interchange in Milwaukee has a new traffic pattern near the Milwaukee airport. You will now need to be on the left in order to follow I-94/I-43 into downtown Milwaukee.
Note the new registration hours and overcrew fees. Please advise crew and guests of the changes.
We will be using a deferred payment system. Any registrations and parking fees received on or before June 6, 2013 will not be charged until after June 10, 2013.
There are new parking areas for 2013. Please see the parking info for more information. Please note all parking fees are non-refundable after June 13, 2013.
The Stewards of the Course (formerly known as Black Flag) will be at the old Black Flag station near the tunnel that runs under the track (across from start / finish)
The traffic flow in the main paddock will run south along the pit lane and north on the parallel paddock road by the garages.
Lost and found for cars parts and pieces lost on track is at the SOC Station or with the Course Marshals at corner 5. Personal items like glasses, cell phones will be at the SOM room behind Paddock Medical.
Trophies and Results will be at the Driver Information Center.
1. Racing and non-leaded fuel will be available at the track.
2. Sound measurements will be taken on the left side of the track past turn three.
3. Overnight camping is permitted by Road America permit only. A fee of $80 for the weekend (electric included in paddock areas where available) is to be paid at the Road America Administrative Office the first day of arrival. Camping permits will also be available at registration on Wednesday (5PM-9PM) and Thursday (6AM-1PM). If permit is not purchased and displayed you will be asked to vacate the property at night.
4. Competitors are responsible to monitor the public address system for pages for 30 minutes after provisional results for an on-track session are posted. Competitors who are unable to clearly hear the track public address system shall monitor 88.3 FM.
5. Corner frequency is planned to be 464.525 Mhz.
6. Make all checks payable to CHICAGO REGION SCCA. Entries will NOT be processed without a payment. Faxed copies of checks are NOT acceptable.
7. The Competition Committee of the Chicago Region, SCCA, Inc. will accept or reject all entries. An entry will not be accepted unless the full entry fee accompanies the entry form. All requests for refunds must be made in writing or e-mail to the registrar no later than 10 days after the event. Beyond 10 days, requests for refunds must be approved by the Chicago Region SCCA Competition Committee. A $50.00 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations after June 10, 2013.
8. License confirmation: Competitors whose licenses are in process at the time they wish to race must obtain confirmation that their license is valid by arranging with the Registrar to telephone the National Office in Topeka.
9. At the time of registration, you must present the following:
- Current SCCA membership card or proof of membership.
- SCCA Photo ID. Photo ID’s will be available for a nominal fee.
- A valid SCCA National License
10. Technical and safety inspection will be at the Orion Tech Center. Saturday and Sunday technical inspection are available by appointment only.
11. In the event a yellow flag is required for the Pit Lane Only, a yellow flag with a board reading “Pit Lane” will be displayed at corner 14.
12. No one shall ride on the bodywork of race cars, tow cars, or trailers.
13. Paddock Parking: Each entry will be issued one (1) Paddock Parking sticker at registration. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter the Paddock if the correct sticker is not affixed to the vehicle.
14. A reserved paddock parking system is available for this event. Paddock marshals will be available to direct competitors to their reserved location or to the unreserved paddock areas.
15. Vehicles and trailers parked in Fire Lanes, unauthorized areas, or parked in violation of the Paddock Marshal’s instructions, and vehicles without Paddock Parking Stickers will be towed away without notice.
16. All vehicles are to be driven at a slow and safe speed in the paddock.
17. One-way routes through several areas of the paddock have been established to relieve congestion and to enable traffic flow. Please observe and follow all one-way directional signs and/or marshal instructions.
18. Special June Sprints checkered flags will be presented to all class winners near pit out at the start of their victory lap (victory laps will be allowed as time permits).
19. Trophies will be awarded beyond the GCR as follows:
3 1 & 2
4-5 1, 2, & 3
6-7 1, 2, 3, & 4
8-9 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5
10 or more 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6